Day 810 of posting a Daily Screenshot from the games I've been playing

MyNameIsAtticus2026年10月5日 09:24

Today’s game is Soul Silver. I spent my time prepping making a checklist of just how many of each Pokemon I need to catch to make a living Johto Dex. So hopefully this time it’ll be a whole lot easier.

I went ahead and setup retroarch this time to play while I fix up my DS. So far it’s been smooth sailing. One complaint though.

Retroarch has been mangling some of my screenshots for some reason. This one came out upside down. But I had some come out completely black except for a purple bar. It’s really weird. I’m not sure what’s up.

Now to actually talk about the game? I have mixed feelings about Johto as a whole. I love the region’s layout. Except the National Park. But the Pokemon I’ve never been a fan of. It just kind of feels like more Gen 1 Pokemon. Which yeah. It’s a sequel to Gen 1 so it makes sense. But I’m not a big fan of Gen 1’s Pokemon either. Maybe Snorlax, Vaporeon, and Vulpix?

But the sprite work on Soul Silver is gorgeous. That’s my favorite part here. Gen 5 may have pretty animations but Soul Silver is really pretty to the eyes in a static way.

The screenshot got trashed as well but I also like that the Pokemart sign spins. It was a detail that admittedly makes me laugh a little. I don’t know why. I guess seeing something so city-like in a little country-like town is just funny to me.

I’m already 3 Gyms in. Tomorrow I’m gonna try and push for another 2. Maybe even 3. I shouldn’t need too search too hard for most the Pokemon relievingly. So it should be a short list to collect for the next few routes.

评论 (0)

只看楼主

暂无评论